Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Tuesday, 20 January 2009

A little light reading

I bought a book yesterday. "Oh well done you", you might think. Well, yea; well done me. Not often I read books, apart from a bird guide when I've seen something that has me stumped. The last book I read was 'Dear Boy, The Life of Keith Moon'. A hefty tome, but well worth the read.


No, my reading habits these days are usually confined to the odd photography magazine, or birdwatching magazine. The book in question is, 'How to be a bad bird watcher', by Simon Barnes, and I'm finding it very enjoyable. Very witty, and his enthusiasm for his subject really shines through. Well worth the investment in money, and time.


Well, the dreaded lurgy is finally leaving me to get on with my life, without the need for headache tablets and flu remedies, so I may be able to get back out and take some pictures without looking like a Michelin Man, with all the layers of clothes supressing the body heat and fighting off the cold air.


In best television presenters voice..........."here's one I took earlier"



I took this one, along with a host of others, a few days ago, when the temperature fell, along with some snow; although looking at it, the snow is not visible. The sun was making a chilly appearance, along with the birds. An endearing little chap the Blue Tit.


And to prove the snow was around, here's one of his cousin, the Coal Tit; looking like a mountaineer on the summit.



I think that'll do it for now, but be warned, now I've mastered the art of uploading pictures, you could be in for some more.


Whatever you’re doing today, do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment