Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Tuesday, 20 January 2009

On a roll

Second day, and I’ve managed to have a look round. I think I know what I’m doing now.

Yesterday was spent feeling a bit sorry for myself, off work with a lousy cold. That’s four days I’ve had this, and felt like doing nothing. Even taking the dog for his walk and run has been an effort, but he has to go; and the fresh air must do me some good.

Well the day perked up when the invasion of Long Tailed Tits turned up for their regular assault on the feeders in the garden. Guaranteed to put a smile on the face, with their acrobatic antics. They swoop in from nowhere, (nine has been top count so far), for a feeding frenzy of about a minute, and then take off, probably raiding somewhere else. Three or four times a day, and always welcome. Like furry balls on sticks; how can you not love ‘em?
Another regular visitor is a Dunnock, and yesterday, to my surprise, two turned up. I wonder if love is in the air?
Now to some people this might not sound so special, but believe me, for a small garden that up to last May hardly had a bird fly over it, yet alone land in it, I find it amazing and very rewarding. But more of that another time. For now, a bit more watching, before I go back to work.

Whatever you’re doing today, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment