Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Friday, 20 February 2009

A quick one

A quick update for now.

Yesterday I had a trip to Lister Hospital, to pick up my mum who’s been in there all week. She’d had a suspected heart attack earlier in the week, but thankfully, now been given the all clear. We were having a chat once we’d got back home to her place about what had happened.

Seems she had gone up 4 flights of stairs to her dentist. It was closed, so she walked back down again. (The relevant part in this, is ten years ago, she had a heart attack, and spent some time in hospital, and finished up on various potions and has to take things a bit easy.) Now, back to the stairs. She reached the bottom and began to get some discomfort in the chest area; and short of breath. So what did she do? Walked back home, thinking to herself, ‘this is like the time I had a heart attack.
Did she seek any help on the way? No.
Upon arrival at home a neighbour remarked that she looked extremely unwell.
Did she phone me, or my brother who lives about 5 minutes away? No.
Ring an ambulance? No.
They both walked down to the bus stop, and got a bus to the hospital. Well, in her words, ‘I didn’t want to bother anyone, and cause a fuss.’
I sat listening to all this in disbelief.

One of those moments when I think it’s ok to tell yer mother off.

No comments:

Post a Comment