Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Sunday, 15 March 2009

College Lake

Had a good day today at College Lake. Signs of Spring; a guided leisurely walk with the warden. A very knowledgeable young man, who will be a great asset to the reserve.


I stopped off at the Pitstone windmill on the way, to take a few pictures,



and managed to get some of a Skylark who was singing for all he was worth earlier. Lovely sight.



On to the reserve, and there were quite a few people up for the walk. It’s the first time I’ve been since last year and their recent makeover, (and very good it is too), so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Certainly not a Merlin, but one was flying about in a field at the top of the reserve, wonderful to watch.

Not a very good shot, but I was pleased to see it.

We were also treated to a fly over by some Buzzards, and a Red Kite. No pictures, I was too busy watching them.
A good variety of birds for our enjoyment through the morning, including Redshank, Lapwing, Snipe, Pochard and more Skylark.

I wandered around on my own for a while after the walk, and popped into one of the hides looking onto some feeders. Managed to get a few pictures of the usual ‘garden birds’, so an enjoyable day.



Chaffinch

Robin, enjoying the sun


Wren
Certainly be going again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment