Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Saturday, 14 March 2009

The morning rush

So I skipped out of bed at 3.30 a.m. and……….

Well, not exactly ‘skipped’, but it was certainly 3.30 a.m.
I got up, reluctantly, switched the kettle on, then the computer. I need coffee in the morning to wake up. Jim was getting excited, because another day means another walk. I glanced at the cat, still sleeping. Hmmm, maybe next time I’ll come back as a cat. Eat and sleep, that seemed like a good idea.

As I let Jim out in the garden, the kettle began to boil, and the computer was firing up ready for me to check my e-mails and any replies to posts on a couple of photography forums I visit.
Outside, while Jim was sniffing round the garden, I could hear the Robin singing his song from the tree in the street. The cat stirred. For a deaf cat, she certainly knows when it’s time to be fed, or if I’m moving around my small place.

Food in the cat dish, food in the dog dish, coffee made, I settled down in front of the computer, after I let Jim in for his breakfast. Quick check round the sites, and e-mails, dressed, and then time for the next feeding session.

Top up the bird feeders, grate some cheese, and a bit of fruit for whoever fancies some. A quick glance at the clock as I switch off the computer. I’ve got an hour before I have to leave for work, and Jim’s getting impatient.

We stroll through the empty streets towards a sports field. Maybe a quick run for him before I have to leave. Birdsong is filling the air. I love this time of the year.
He has his run, and we make our way back home. Just time for another coffee, while I get round to feeding myself this time. Weekends should be for enjoyment, not work.

Oh well, tomorrow a day off, and I’m off to College Lake, for a guided walk round the reserve, entitled Signs of Spring. Should be interesting, if I can get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment