Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Sunday, 8 March 2009

Spring

I was undecided yesterday where to go on my day off work. I fancied somewhere different, for me anyway, so in the end I just jumped in the car, and headed off to a green bit, near me on a map.
I finished up at a place called Coombs, which had a picnic area. I parked up, and wandered through some woods across the road. Not sure of the place, I didn’t wander too far, but spent some time watching sheep and their lambs. Spring is here then, in the shape of lambs. A few fields dotted around with sheep and the next generation. I didn’t want to disturb any of them, so I watched from a gate, even though the footpath was clearly through the field.
The local farmer came thundering by a bit later on his quad bike, with their food, so my silent walking probably wouldn’t have disturbed them too much. Oh well.
I did spend some time watching 3 Buzzards soaring the thermals, and a small flock of Redwings. I left there, and drove through some villages; some twice. I’d managed to get a bit lost and had no idea where I was heading.

Eventually stopped at another ‘picnic area’, by the name of Thornborough Bridge, which seemed popular with some fishermen along the river. It had a circular four and a half mile walk, which took in some Roman burial mounds, remains of a mediaeval village, and a nature reserve along the disused Buckingham canal. As it was mid day by now, I decided against it. the rate I walk when I’m out with a camera, I would still be out now.

No, one for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment