Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Spring

As I write this, it’s another beautiful sunny day. The wind is a bit cold; it slices its way through the layers of clothing, belying how warm it actually looks. I know, I’ve just got back from taking Jim for his run. Cold doesn’t seem to bother him. Well, he has a big furry coat doesn’t he?

A couple of Goldfinches are helping their selves to some sunflower hearts from the feeder in the garden, and a Blue Tit is taking advantage of some mixed seed in another. Some hungry Starlings are raiding the fat balls, and a Dunnock is content to poke around on the lawn.
A perfect day to go out armed with the camera and take some spring shots.

Unfortunately work beckons, on what should be a perfect day off, in the shape of a meeting. Stuck inside, I’ll have to be content with gazing out the window, scanning the skies and treetops, whilst looking interested.

All ways another day I suppose.

Daffodils in the woods

White Primrose


8 comments:

  1. I've just come across your blog. Great stuff and fantastic photos. I'll follow it with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming over to "my place". I've been looking at your pictures both here and on your web site. They are stunning - the Nuthatch in particular bowled me over.

    May I ask what camera/lens etc you use?

    I shall be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tricia, and the kind words.
    The camera is a Canon 50D, my treat to me for the new year ;) and 100-400L zoom, that hasn't left the camera since I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that info. It's appropriate then to say "SNAP". I also treated myself to the camera body. The lens (permanently glued to the body it seems) I've had for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and a very interesting blog, I do agree with your sentiments on your 'twitch' post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ShySongbird, appreciated.
    Glad I'm not alone with my sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete