Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Another day, another sunrise

An early shift all this week, which does have its benefits, sometimes.

As I drove to work at 5.30 a.m., the sky behind me was a deep fiery red, as the sun was climbing its way upwards. ‘Typical!’ I thought. ‘Another glorious day, and I’m stuck inside.’

I drove past my local lake, mist hanging over the water like a wispy blanket. Greylag Geese were plucking at the grass around the shoreline, and the first of the Carrion Crows were heading off to wherever they spend the rest of the day.

I pulled into the car park, and found a place for the car. A steady stream of people were making their way to the main gate, to do their bit for the Company. I sat for a while listening to the early morning birdsong. Fingers of cloud were a scarlet red, along with the vapour trails of long departed airlines. I would have to join the throng of people soon, or I will be late.

I sat a bit longer, watching some Magpies chattering, as they flew from one side of the car park to the other. The redness in the sky was slowly giving way to a golden yellow.

‘This is so unfair’. I thought, as I climbed out the car, and made my way into work.



16 comments:

  1. Oooh Keith what a lovely post and I'm so sorry you have to go to work.

    That's a stunning picture - so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - meant to mention that this picture enlarges when you click on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a photographer like you in my observation is a deep thinker,i can say clever too,agree? admit it or not but this how i see people like you. Emotions always pour on what they see and do. thanks for being a friend here at blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. I wish none of us had to go work and could just spend the day out in nature....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful composition, delicacy, colour, mood. An image to savour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully written post Keith and the photo...just stunning and so atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Tricia, glad you enjoyed the post.
    A quick observation of a stunning sunrise.

    I still can't get the hang of posting pictures so they always enlarge :(
    I think I got lucky with that one because it was just the one, and I didn't have to move it around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you lolit, not sure about clever, but I think a lot ;)
    I'm glad you and others enjoy my efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Frank. It's one of my favourite pictures I've taken. It's from a few I took last year at the lake, but it seemed to sum it all up rather well for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Shellmo. I totally agree; I can't think of a better way to spend days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rob. It's a very photogenic place, especially early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ShySongbird, very kind of you to say so. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, a very atmospheric shot there Keith. Don't worry, you'll soon get a day off to go out birding again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keith, that shot has got to be the best I have seen. Its absolutely amazing. You should get it blown up on to one of those 3' x 2' board type images and hang it in the house its brilliant.
    Sorry you had to go to work. One of my old bosses from years ago who was a died in the wood Lancastrian use to say, "Well you've got it to do Lad."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Roy. I've toyed with that idea for the picture; I might just do that. Thanks.
    Love that quote of your old boss, very fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete