Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Half way

The weather certainly has changed again. Looks to be a beautiful day today.

Jim had his morning run at 6 a.m., before I get ready for a full day working; roll on 10 p.m.
The sun was climbing its way up the yellow sky, as Jim was chasing stones, (he wont chase a ball for some reason), and kicking the frost off the tips of the grass. Frost? Yup, a light sprinkle here this morning.

The birds didn’t care though. A group of 15 to 20 Starlings were probing the sparkling grass looking for their breakfast worms. Along the edge of the sports field, in the trees, Greenfinches were making their distinctive sounds, and Goldfinches were ‘tinkling’, like animated wind chimes as they flew from branch to branch. Chaffinches were ‘pinking’, and a Blackbird was finishing off the last of his song.

A few Crows were lazily flying overhead, making their way to wherever they were spending the rest of the day.

I soaked it all up, and then steadily made my way back; to spend the rest of my day.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post Keith.

    Not finishing work until 10.00 p.m.? !

    You must have been lying on the grass to get that rather splendid picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great head on shot of the Chaffinch Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...such a beautiful close-up of the Chaffinch. Liked the narration too...sounded very peaceful (and funny too...chasing stones instead of balls made me laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, well probably evening where you are...sounds like a great walk to me, I love to be entertained by the vocals of birds...yesterday I visited a beatiful spot full of great Swans, geese, ducks, herons, and more, it was the perfect day. Wonderful photo you have up today!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture of the chaffinch keith, it's remarkable how many different subtle colours they have in their plumage. I've just been to visit your knock-out website for the first time - brilliant pictures there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tricia. I'm on a late shift this week, and do a gardening job some mornings. Very tiring sometimes, but the gardening's enjoyable.
    Yea I was pretty low down for that shot. The hard part was getting back up again lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Roy. I think he was wondering what I was doing down there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kelly. My dog has some strange habits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Dixxie. I think its hard to beat the sound of birdsong. Glad you like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your kind words Greenfingers. Glad you enjoyed the website. Something I've wanted to do for a long time.
    I think the Chaffinch is taken for granted at times, but they are beautiful looking birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You tell a good story Keith, almost like being there . Lovely Chaffinch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Nick. Appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hearing about your day and leading it up to your great photo(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Shellmo, appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely shot. I really like that you made it from a very low level and it has eye contact with the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Andor, appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete