Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Sunday, 14 June 2009

Blogger Award












An award!


I’m hopeless at this sort of thing, and don’t usually join in. But I will this time.
First of all, a big thank you to Frank, The Early Birder, for sending it my way. We met up a few weeks ago, and he’s a great bloke, very knowledgeable, and I had an excellent time in his company.

Now, there are some ‘rules’ around this, and here they are:

1 Thank the person who nominated you for this award;

2 Copy the logo & place it on your blog;

3 Link to the person who nominated you for the award;

4 List 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting;

5 Nominate 7 ‘Kreativ Bloggers’;

6 Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate;

7 Leave a comment on each of the 7 blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Hope I do this right; and if I don’t nominate you, it’s not ‘cause I don’t like ya, it’s ‘cause I can only do seven.

Here’s my list of recipients, in no particular order:

Tricia, of Tricia’s Tales http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Always an interesting read, and great pictures to go with it. And she uses a Canon.

Nick of Saskatchewan Birds, Nature and Scenery http://www.saskbirder.com/
An ex Brit living in Canada, and takes ‘wall hanging’ pictures. Excellent.

ShySongbird, at ShySongbird’s Twitterings http://shysongbirdstwitterings.blogspot.com/
From her garden and beyond. And very nice it is too.

John at Midmarsh Jottings http://midmarsh.blogspot.com/
Great pictures, and great videos. Love it.

Pete, from thequacksoflife http://thequacksoflife.blogspot.com/
Always something interesting and different. He seems to have more holidays than anyone I know.

Phil, from CABINET OF CURIOSITIES
http://cabinetofcuriosities-greenfingers.blogspot.com/
He knows his stuff. I always learn something when I visit.

Finally Rambling Rob of Wight Rambler http://wightrambler.blogspot.com/
Nature through his eyes at the Isle of Wight. Another feast of information.


Now, seven things about me.

They’re supposed to be ‘interesting’


I wrote a short childrens story a few years ago. I still don't know what to do with it.


I ‘lived’ the 60’s, but have few memories of it. It must have been good.

One of the greatest moments of my life that I do remember, was on March 31, 1967 at the Finsbury Park Astoria. It was the first time I saw my hero; the first date of the tour with The Walker Brothers.
The night he set fire to his Fender Stratocaster.
Jimi Hendrix. And I’ve still got my ticket, which cost 10/6.
And it was awesome!


When I was in my mid twenties I learnt Lau Gar Kung Fu, and reached Brown belt. I was fitter then. I get out of breath walking round the garden these days.

I bought a saxaphone many years ago, and had lessons how to play it. An Alto. It was a good way to ‘escape’; playing music.

I once had my own business; a shop selling car spares, in Whittlesey, near Peterborough. Great fun, but I went broke. Didn’t have a clue what I was doing. I sold my saxaphone to fund starting a market stall and doing small rock concerts. More fun.
My ex wife didn’t think so, and we divorced when I was 40.

I’m a shop steward at work, and senior health and safety rep. It’s interesting and varied, helping people to sort out their problems. The irony is, I can’t seem to sort my own life out. Sometimes my life is still a mess, but escaping with my camera and being with nature keeps me going.

And my mum still loves me, despite it all.

One day I’ll grow up to be an adult.



Ooooops, that’s more than seven.

19 comments:

  1. Keith, I think you're a thoroughly decent bloke, with a great sense of humour and a gift for writing and taking photos. I'd love to go birding with you and also Jim when I visit the Uk in the not too distant ( I hope ) future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I can't believe you saw Jimi live . You lucky Bugger ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done my friend. Now that wasn't too difficult, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! Lol on the 60's comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick, thanks mate. If you do get over here, it would be great to meet up.
    Managed to see Hendrix 3 times altogether. :)

    Frank, cheers. Yea, got there in the end :)

    Shelley, thank you, it was a surprise.
    The '60's were exciting times to be part of. I may have over embraced it all at times tho' lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keith - Very many congratulations on a well deserved award.

    (I'm very flattered to be given the award from you - thank you. I will email you.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keith, Congratulations on the well deserved award.Like your sense of humour and the interesting things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricia, thank you; and you're most welcome to receive one yourself. :)

    NatureStop, thank you for your kind comment. Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doh ! I'm idiot , Frank, I meant birding with YOU and Keith. Sorry Jim. I think you might scare the birds away ..?

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol you're right there about Jim scaring the birds. I used to take him, but gave up when all I got was the back ends as they made a hasty retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the award, Keith! You really deserve it. I like the way you infuse humor in with your narrative. Also...your list of interesting things really is interesting! Very cool....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Keith........and also sincere thanks, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very well deserved award to a creative blogger. Well done Keith. Hendrix. tut tut, didnt you know that "Clapton is God". {:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...Im impressed with the way you handeled this post! It is nice to learn a bit more about the person behind the blog, thats something I always find interesting...getting to know the person. You are very deserving of this great compliment!! Congtrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, thank you for your compliment.

    Phil, thank you. And thank you for teaching me so much when I visit your blog.

    Cheers Roy, thank you.
    Clapton? Isn't he the bloke that after seeing Hendrix play, comment along the lines of, 'think I'll pack it in now.' lol
    Yea, he wasn't bad. Loved his blues.

    Dixxie, thank you. Very kind of you to say so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Keith, congratulations, you truly deserved it,expect to have more in the coming days,goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you lolit, appreciate your comment,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, cheers Keith, you're a deserving awardee if ever there was one. I really appreciate the work you put into your posts, they are always so engaging, a real experience aswell as informative - your lens and mind seem to reach the parts mine don't. 'fraid I'm even more hopeless at this sort of thing than you are, though!
    (Just on the subject of guitarists, what about Peter Green - ever see him? I've only seen clips on Youtube but believe he was something in his day. Apparently BB King rated him higher than ol' Clapper anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Rob, you've got me blushing now.
    Very kind of you to say that.

    Peter Green, ah yes! Saw him many times in his heyday with Fleetwood Mac, when they were a 'proper' group. He was ranked in the top five guitarists in the world at the time.
    Then things all went terribly wrong for him. Too much pharmaceutical substances, and he became a bit of a recluse, giving away a lot of his possesions and money.
    I saw him a few years ago, on one of his comebacks, and it was so sad to see a once great man just a shell of his former self.

    ReplyDelete