Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Sunday, 4 April 2010

Stockgrove Park

After leaving Willen, I made my way towards Leighton Buzzard; and Stockgrove Park. A haven for dog walkers, joggers, and this time of year, noisy kids. It also has a spot where you can get close to some birds. And the sun was shining. Sort of.



A side lit Nuthatch, before he came down for some food.
.
.
A wooden bridge over one end of the small lake, attracts a few birds when people leave some seed. Today, some people had left seed, but someone else had grabbed the best photo spot, so I had to make do further back.

The lighting was a little tricky, but then it’d be no fun if it was too easy.


At least this Moorhen was enjoying the sun.
.
.
I took a slow walk round the lake, but as the day got longer, more and more people were deciding to ‘walk the dog’. Too many, for me, so a detour back towards the car.
Just ahead, something caught my eye. A Treecreeper, spiralling his way up the tree,

A few brief moments, and he was off to another tree. I followed.




He wasn’t being too co-operative, and soon left. So did I. Back to MK, and Caldecote Lake.



A squirrel having a lazy scratch in the sun,




a Pochard drifting lazily on the lake,




and a Chiffchaff just being lazy. Some of the highlights from a few hours out with nature.
And one last one.



The Yellow Wagtail.
.
.
That’s where I started, so that’s where I’ll finish
.
.
Enjoy the rest of Easter.
.
.
.

21 comments:

  1. Keith...the second photo of the nuthatch is stunning. It's the perfect angle, so it worked out that the other person had the prime spot! The Treecreeper is gorgeous too. They are so hard to get up close.

    Hope you had wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots of a good day. I'm getting beggar all at the moment so good to see someone finding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greatpost as usual Keith - Well done on the Nutchatch and Treecreeper. And I've managed a Nuthatch this time too LOL And that yellow Wagtail is a real beauty!!

    Just let me know what birds you see and I know I'm going to get the same the following day ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely selection to keep Easter ticking over Keith. When will a Chiffy sit that close and still for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments Kelly.
    Spent Easter in the company of the birds. It was perfect :)

    Thanks Adrian. I get days like that too lol

    Thanks Tricia. Glad you got your Nuthatch ;)

    Cheers Frank. I was lucky with the Chiffy I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the photos, especially the first one (it's like taken from an album). I like the squirrel too:)

    By the way...

    Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment Joanna; and a happy Easter to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keith,
    Wow mate, you got a very very nice day!!! I love the tree creeper pictures a lot... They are so hard to get!!! But I've to say that I loved the squirrel!! its attitude is so funny... Hope you got a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pics. A lot of my favourites there. I'm a treecreeper fanboy. :) Oh & happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I especially appreciated the adorable little squirrel !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Chris. The Treecreeper came to me lol
    I was watching something else, and he landed quite close. Didn't notice me at first. :)

    Michael, thank you. They are great little birds; like a little mouse climbing the tree. :)
    Enjoy the rest of Easter too.

    Squirrel, I guessed you'd enjoy that one lol
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nuthatch is one of my favorite birds, sadly I have'nt seen one in my garden this year. They are so athletic and usually empty my peanut feeder under two days, greedy buggers. Never spotted a treecreeper either but my brother Mick has seen them whilst on holiday at the Tranquil Otter in Cumbria

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pics. the nuthatch and squidgy my faves

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have taken some really fabulous shots here Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Debbie. Yea, the Nuthatch certainly likes peanuts. Never had one in my garden though :(

    Thanks Pete. The squirrels are such posers.

    Thanks for your comment Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Keith, the Treecreeper shots are wonderful, and the Nuthach, Pochard, Chiffchaff, Moorhen and not the least, the Yellow Wagtail are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bob, thank you very much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You never fail to find the best of our feathered friends. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know many parks have such gorgeous birds (and squirrels), but yours seem to be the most populated. Ha, ha, would you sell some patience, cause you have to much of it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marius, thank you for your comment. Patience, hmmmm, I only seem to have that when I'm out photographing the birds lol

    ReplyDelete