Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Friday, 30 July 2010

Birds are back.........

The birds have been a bit shy recently, and they have other things to do, like feed families, so birds have been a bit short on recent pictures.
I had a plan though. I’ll tempt them with food.
I paid a visit the other day to a local country park; before it got too busy with people.
I set some food on a post………and waited for the visitors.
I prefer more natural shots, but I needed to get some pictures of my feathered friends; so here are a few.
.

Nuthatch


Great Tit, throwing a few poses


A scruffy looking Blue Tit


A scruffy looking Robin


And a handsome male Chaffinch.
.
.
Away from the baited post, I found a few ducks roaming the path. There’s a Mandarin lady in there.

.

and a young Crow, calling for his mum

.
.
And of course, beautiful wild flowers
.
.
Not sure of it’s name. Maybe a ‘mallow’ of some sort?
.
.
and Yellow Loosestrife
.
.
Enjoy the day.
.
.
And if I don’t make the weekend, enjoy that too.
.
.

22 comments:

  1. Well done again. I like scruffy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good selection of the birds, wild flowers and ducks Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the scruffy Tit is great :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great plan of yours Keith. The flower looks like a Cranesbill of some kind.?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures of these young guys ... and the flowermoments - so calm and beautiful... thank you!

    have a wonderful weekend :)))

    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love birds and the nature and your pics are excellent, they makes me happy, big hugh Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bob. Glad you enjoyed them :)

    Thank you Pescalune. Appreciate your comments.

    Thanks Roy. Yea, I got a bit lazy, and didn’t look properly. I’ll have to get the ID sorted out.

    Isabella, thank you for your comments. I hope your weekend is good too :)

    Kathrin, thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the pictures.
    Have a good weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely series of images, especially the Nuthatch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of bribery looks a good idea. Saves all that rushing about. The results were well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment Paul :)

    Thank you John. Should soon be able to get them in more natural surroundings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little Great Tit throwing a pose is such a character...the birds so much personality, that they are almost human-like.
    Sorry I missed your visit to my cabin...it is a great retreat. Only trouble is, life has been so busy of late, that I hardly get to escape....soon.
    BlessYourExplorativeHeart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment Dar.
    I'd love somewhere like your log cabin to retreat to. I think I'd have to stay lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful as always. You feed them the good stuff! ;) We had a Mandarin stop by our pond for a couple of days a few years back. He was such a handsome fellow. Gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Hilary.
    Yea, they get fed the best lol
    Worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...smart little birds to find the food so fast!! Love that scruffy little one, and the first photo is gorgeous. Love the pose the Great Tit threw you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good work again Keith great shots of the Nuthatch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh...the male chaffinch is so handsome! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The male chaffinch IS very handsome. Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Kelly. It's a popular spot for feeding them, and they get used to it. Always good to see them, and be able to get so close.

    Thanks Bob. The Nuthatch are lovely birds, aren't they.

    SeaPrayer, thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good idea to lay out some bait- you got some super fantastic shots!! Love the light on your wildflower shots too!! Happy Saturday Nite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Dixxe. It's a good place to bait the birds.......so many people feed them, they kinda expect it when you walk the path lol

    ReplyDelete