Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

A walk to the water

The brown eyed dragon, (Four-spotted Chaser), watches as we take the path, through the fields of grasses and seeds heads.
.
.


.
On we go, down to the waters edge; a mother and her children scurrying away,
.
.
as another, herds her adolescence towards the safety of deeper waters, her eyes locked on ours, for signs of danger.
.
.
The edge of the lake holds more plants, and rich coloured grasses.
.

Betony
.
.
Yellow Loosestrife
.
.

And the edges of the water, more dragons, go about their business,
.
Black-tailed Skimmer
.
.
Emperor Dragonfly
.
.

And far out over the lake, Damsels skim the water, egg laying and feeding.
.
.
Butterflies gently float around us, and soon settle to take in food from the flowers, or drink from the waters edge.
.
.
Common Blue
.
.
Large White (thanks Roy)
.
.
Holly Blue
.
.
A Jay flies past, as we fill our senses with the magic nature offers us,
.
.
and from the trees, the birds eye us with suspicion,
.
.
Blue Tit
.
.

Nuthatch
.
.

We’ll sit a while, and rest.
.
.

23 comments:

  1. Your walk to the water was indeed very rewarding. The photos are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that illustrated ramble by the water. Such a lot to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of absolutely amazing shots Keith, very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this nice walk Keith ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment Bhavesh :)

    John, thank you for your comment.

    Thanks for your comment Roy. And I’ll get that ID changed. Cheers.

    Pescalune, thank you. Glad you enjoyed the walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots, looks like a wonderful experience
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes and all is well. A good job too otherwise I would have missed a superb post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The duck family is my favourite, but all pictures are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying all goes well with your heart!

    The details on these are just exquisite! The colors are amazing, and I loved each and every one. :)

    I tried to save a baby bird last night. It was probably only a day old, and before I got to it, my friend had tried to put it back in the next several times, and it fell several times. When she told me about it, it was really late, and the bird was soooo cold.
    I warmed it and tried to feed it like the emergency rescue place said, but I lost it. :( I feel awful.

    Your pictures made me feel better. Thank you!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, thank you for your comment. Yea, it’s a lovely lake to visit this time of year.

    Adrian, thank you.
    Thanks for pointing that out earlier mate. Some bad code in there perhaps?
    Going to affect a lot of sites.

    Kozma, thank you. Glad you enjoyed them.

    Jen, thanks for your thoughts, and kind words.
    Don’t feel bad about the baby bird. It is so difficult to save them when they are so young. Doesn’t make it any easier to bare though. I’d probably be bawling myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have a dab hand when your pics of the dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh..... what a relaxing and wonderful walk to the water Keith.

    I love the beigey-pink colours of the grass with the subtle greens of the background. You really do have an excellent eye for composition my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Bob :)

    Tricia, thank you. Very nice of you to say that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely as always, and a great mix of close-up and far away shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...that first dragon is just incredible and I love the motley little Blue Tit--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you JoLynne. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    Thanks Kelly. The little Blue Tit looked quite scruffy....in a cute way lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! I really enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent. I love the multi Damsels shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The nuthatch is poised at the starting line ...on your marks gets set go... Wehey you've saved me the trouble of looking up the lilac plant I took pictures of a couple a weeks ago, the Betony eh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for stopping by Shelley, and leaving a comment. Glad you enjoyed them.

    Thanks Hilary. I was surprised how many of those damsels were flying around at the time.

    Thanks Debbie. Yea, a lovely plant isn't it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Work with your camera on this post Keith..amazing quality!! I love the dragons and the wee babes of course..terrific..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your comments Dixxe. :)

    ReplyDelete