Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Friday, 13 August 2010

Don't let the date fool you; it's the same ol'.......

.

.
Those reflections of light, again. I can’t see any at the end of my tunnel yet, though.

I’m still waiting for the ‘expert’ to get round to assessing my health. Despite myself ringing the hospital to see when things would happen………..my own GP chasing him up……….and finally, last week, his own colleagues at the department he works in…….after I was admitted there for a few hours, by ambulance.
Unfortunately, all this waiting and not knowing anything, has cost me the chance of an easier job, where I work. The position can’t be held open forever, and it was given to someone else. So I continue to be off work, wondering, and waiting. I suppose things will happen when they’re ready.
All this time off, should give me plenty of opportunity to get out and take pictures. It should. But some days it’s like wading in treacle. Here’s a few recent ones; but I really need to get out and find some spark of light.
.

.
Those things that stick to ya, when you throw them at people. Burr, or something. Wasn’t that the inspiration for Velcro? I don’t remember.
.
.
.
A boy hoverfly. It’s a boy, because the eyes are close together. It’s true………I read that yesterday on the interenet.
.
.
.
A backlit Small Copper. I’ve seen lots of these this year, along with Common Blue butterflies.
.
.
Owing to the lack of birds, that wish to pose for pictures at the moment, this one is from the archives……
.
.
a Blue Tit, looking fine in his new coat of feathers.
.
.

And last one for today; back to the recent stuff,
.
.
.
A girl Hoverfly…..if what I read yesterday is true.
.
.
Now if you’re superstitious, and looking at the date, be careful today.
.
If you’re not superstitious, still be careful; sod the date.
.
.
But whatever you are, enjoy it…….….and the weekend.
.
I’ll play catch up later.
.
.

27 comments:

  1. Keith, a size twelve where it hurts would perhaps concentrate his mind.
    Grand images, not much about at this time of the year. Never knew that about hoverflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, he needs something lol
    Amazing what you can find on the internet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah the last one is a real beauty :)
    Take care of yourself ! Sparks of light are everywhere around us - even little ones .. sometimes we just don't see them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't taken any notice of the date until you mentioned it ;) You've got a job for life there Keith - measuring the distance between a hoverfly's eyes lol. Nice to learn something new.
    If it's as wet there as it is here you won't be going far today.
    The hooks on velcro certainly look the same as those on the burrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos : )
    I hope your health issues are resolved soon!
    And I got a kick out of "wading in treacle" — I'm so American
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is interesting about the hoverflies Keith, I did not know that either. It has been a good year for hoverflies, I have seen so many this Summer, I do like them. Lovely set of pictures especially the hoverflies and the Small Copper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pescalune, thank you. Yea, I guess the light is there; somewhere lol

    Thanks John. I tried getting out earlier, and got stuck in a heavy downpour. Sun's out now, so I might try again soon.

    Thanks for your comments Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment Linda. I'm sorry I missed it earlier. Yea, hoverflies seem to be everywhere at the moment. More so than the birds lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bit of deep research!

    Stay positive my friend. You are in better shape than my brother..lying in hospital, asleep for nearly a week with more wires, devices and monitors than I've seen in my life. I'll be in touch soon to see if we can do something to cheer you up. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hover-flies, and now I have added male/female genre, thanks Keith and the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frank, I never knew your brother was ill. Hope things improve soon for him.

    Thanks for your comment Bob. Internet is amazing isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice images again Keith, have to admit though everyone including me seems to be struggling at present to get "wow images" but we all keep trying, one of us I am sure will score soon!! I hope. Wildlife and bird photography patience is the name of the game especially this time of year. As for doctors etc a few strong opinions sometimes have an effect. So good luck with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked the bee shots the most; you're an amazing photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Bob. Yea, the birds will soon begin to show themselves once again.

    Bhavesh, thank you for your kind words. Appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keith, I surely hear you! Im getting so behind due to my dial up connection, it dies just when I get a page loaded...I dropped by yesterday but was unable to stay connected to comment so IM BACK--
    LOVE that focus on the last shot the face of the fly and the bit of flower..Wonderdul work--all beautiful images tho!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your images. wonderful!! sorry to hear of your troubles, hope everything starts going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your perseverance Dixxe.
    I guess we somehow think everyone is on super fast broadband. I'm glad you got back though.
    Enjoy the rest of this weekend.

    Thank you Doreen. It'll all get sorted eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greater or lesser burdock, bur referring to the prickly bit and dock to the shape of the large leaves. According to my practical guide to using herbs an infusion of the leaves or decoction of the roots makes a good tonic skin freshner or hair rinse. also known as beggars buttons. Never tried it myself mind. Hope those docs pull their fingers out soon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, congratulations! The pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Keith,
    I hope the light will come to you soon and hope that you will get both a nice work and plenty of pictures in the light... You got a nice small copper there as well as the blue tit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Debbie. A hair rinse with the Burdock sounds interesting. ;)

    Claudia, thank you for your comment :)

    Cheers Chris. Still struggling to get some pictures of the birds though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos, wonderful light and depth of field - I simply love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for your comments Joanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful Macros. Im in aww of your photography. Hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lisa, thank you for your kind comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. Skizo, thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete