Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Sunday, 1 August 2010

A look back

Well, August has arrived, and it treads carefully towards the autumn months now. I guess for some people the summer months will begin to be a memory; hopefully they will be good memories. They’ve certainly been good months for me, and I hope the coming autumn months are going to be just as good……….if not better.
So a few pictures left over from July………
.
.
An ordinary picture of a Barnacle Goose. He spends his time with a group of Canada Geese at a local lake. An escapee? No idea, but I always like to look out for him when I visit Caldecote Lake. Him and the Black Swan, feel like old friends. Yea, I know; I’m crazy.
.
From Caldecote Lake again. The Greylag’s and the Canada’s have been very successful in their breeding this year. Here’s a couple of young Greylag Geese; part of a very large mixed group, that were happily grazing one morning.
.
.



.
The butterflies have been great this year. As soon as the sun shone, they were out in large numbers. And a good variety too. Just a very small selection here; from the top, they are……Meadow Brown…..Common Blue….Small Skipper…and….Small Copper. Thank goodness for them in July, and the dragons.
.
'
A female Emperor enjoying a lunch of what I think was an unfortunate bee. The dragons, along with the damsels, helped fill the gaps, when the birds were being shy.
.
.
And the flowers too. The wild flowers were putting on spectacular shows everywhere.
The names? I’m not too good with these, so just enjoy the anonymous blooms. The first couple are thistles…….
.
.



.
And even when the blooms have finished, I find a certain beauty in the ‘dead’ and ‘dying’ plants.
.
.


.
It’s good sometimes to look back, and reflect……….
.
.
............and now, time to move on..............
.
.

26 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is almost over. I like snow but I am not ready for it yet. We still have a little snow in the hidden valleys up high in the mountains this year. It has not lasted this long for many years. Global Warming? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The insomniacs club. Superb pictures one and all. the last I really wish I had taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the last one ! Very nice capture :)
    This is another great set !! The butterflies are all stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to look back, and I hope soon after, there will be lots of new things. Keith, these are really good pictures, I can hope, will be better to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful photos! butterflies are always great and I like the reflection...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year so far has sped along. July has been poor on the weather front here up north I don't think a day has passed without a downpour. Not the best month with Harry's flare up of his elbow dysplacia, poor lads on human painkillers tramadol. As you say the butterflies have been great, prior to this year I was ignorant to all the species that were here. Nice peacefull last shot Keith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dale. I think the years pass quicker every year lol
    I’m certainly not looking forward to snow :(

    Adrian, thank you. I wasn’t too sure about the last one. It looked so much better in real life lol

    Pescalune, thank you for your comment. Good job I kept the last one then ;)

    Thank you Bob. I didn’t have such a productive morning…..maybe tomorrow lol

    dreamfalcon, thank you for stopping by, and leaving a comment. Another vote for the reflection :)

    Thank you Debbie. We’ve been lucky here; not so much rain.
    Hope Harry gets better soon, poor old boy.
    I think I’ll take some more reflection shots lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful butterflies, flowers and birds! You are a very prolific photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pleasure to watch your portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kozma, thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

    Claudia, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting post, lots of good image out here. The last one is different from our usual style...but is very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. every pic is excellent and realy great !!! big hugh Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Dominic. Glad you enjoyed them :)

    Kathrin, thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. I especially love the second butterfly shot and the reflection. I, too, adore dead plants. I even have a set on flickr called Pretty Dead Things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here we will have at least 45 days more of heat before the cool down...Its been an intense summer here...you post today is chock full of beautiful images--love the little skippers, blues, and coppers!!! Great images all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Debbie.
    Had a look at your 'Pretty Dead Things'. Some beautiful shots in there.

    Dixxe, thank you for your comment.
    I think our summer is over now; unless we get a late burst in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great collection as always Keith. Seeing your photo of the Emperor may have solved a mystery here as I saw a green dragon flying back and forth across the village street yesterday. It didn't stay still for me to get a really good look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank John. That dragon does sound like the female Emperor.

    Thank you for your comment, Costea. Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't believe we're into August already, it'll be snowing before we know it. Great images as ever, that Common Blue is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful impressions of dying plants and funny looking birds;-)) We have seen the same beauties of nature this weekend....I hope the coming autumn months are going to be much more better for you! A big hug from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice idea of post Keith. As you said it is nice to look back sometime and realize what we observed!!! Great job Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your comments Paul.
    Yea, the year is flying by.

    Luzia, thank you. Should be more birds about soon :)

    Thanks Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here's to looking forward.. to even more of your gorgeous photography. Always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that last shot. Reflective water is so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hilary, thank you for your kind words. Appreciate it.

    Thank you JoLynne. I was pleased with the last one too. Wasn't sure how it would go down on here though lol

    ReplyDelete