Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Saturday, 21 August 2010

A quick plug for a new blog I’ve started. It’s called Caldecotte Lake, and the link is ‘here’. And yea, I’ve spelt it right; it has two 't's' 

It’s my local lake, and as I spend so much time there, I thought I’d try and keep a blog of the visits and sightings.

Right, plug over, back to this one………

Went out early the other day; always the best time of the day. A beautiful sunrise, although its best was soon over.



Even the birds played nicely for a change.


I spent a lot of time in a cornfield; it was so photogenic. Well, I thought so,


I was surprised just how dirty it looked though.

These seed heads of some Honeysuckle made an interesting picture, I thought.


And this pair of damselflies made a perfect heart shape.


And last two pictures are of a Black-tailed Godwit.



A nice pair that dropped in at Wilstone Reservoir the other day.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and if you get a chance, pop over to my local. Let me know what you think

17 comments:

  1. Lovely Black-tailed Godwit, your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sunset photo with the birds in silhouete. Now I'm off to check out this new blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wilma. Yea, those birds flew by at just the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so I love the world and living, this are so great pics, thank you for that my friend !!! big hugh Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kathrin.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birds in the sunset is spectacular! The heartshaped dragon/damselflies could be a postcard with a funny message, and the rest are stunning!

    Hugs!
    (off to checkout your other blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each and everyone of these is just beautiful.. Just beautiful. I have to say I love the view from you lens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post Keith. I've not seen that much of black-tailed godwitt this year and even did not get any pictures. I'll check your new blog later on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Keith ..the sunrise is spectacular!!
    The heart shape of the damselflys what a chance shot that must have been!!
    I do think there is always beauty in depth and texture like the shot of the field and seed head!!
    Good stuff!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jen :)

    Thank you Lisa :)

    Cheers Chris ;)

    Grammie, thank you. Glad you are still enjoying your visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keith, that sunrise is awesome! I love the corn,and the little damsels made a lovely heart for you!! I will have to pop over and see your new site too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Dixxe. Those geese really made the sunset a bit different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow for the heart shape. Going over your new blog, already following. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What you call Corn we call Wheat, here Corn is what you call Maize. Amazing how the english language can be so different in differnt parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Horst. They say English is one of the hardest languages to learn. And you're right, there are so many 'local' differences to the language; and it changes over the year too.

    ReplyDelete