Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Getting down to it

Had plans to go and see some deer today, but due to roadwork’s, I couldn’t find a way into Woburn. My patience being what it is, I turned back, so today’s post is back to the birds.

Some low shots. Getting down is fine; it’s the getting back up again that takes the time these days.


Mr. Mallard, enjoying some morning sunshine. He was so comfortable, he couldn’t be bothered to move.




Two sides of a Moorhen. These are usually a little more wary of people.

Out on the water,
  
some Coots; not fighting for a change. Shooting into the sun isn’t ideal, but sometimes we have to make the best of what we have.



Tufted Duck, and Coot. 



Canada Geese

And last one for now. This one was having a good clean up, and wasn’t bothered by me one bit. Into the sun again.

   

Enjoy the rest of your week.
  

16 comments:

  1. The mallard are great, do what I don't do and take a stick. excellent thing is a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice walk .... Even if your deers are looking strange ;))
    Love the goose in the sun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roy. It's the getting back up that's the problem lol

    Cheers Adrian. I used to take a monopod out with me; that was quite handy :)

    Thank you Pescalune. The deer will have to wait for another day lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff Keith changing the viewpoint always puts a more interesting perspective on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pic, it makes me happy to see, big hugh Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that shot of the goose and the water droplets. The sun helped with that one, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keith...Is the world treating you better this week!!
    Mallards I think look like there always smiling!!
    Like the bathing Canadian goose. He has a good spray of water going!!
    Nice stuff!!
    Take care!! "Big Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photographs of familiar birds. The headline grabbed my attention LOL. Like you I also have problems getting back on my feet..so I hardly ever get down now. Agree with Adrian about the stick..but I suppose we all carry too much gear as it is. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im having the same problems these days...takes a bit more time to get upright!! Im away from home and trying to catch up and make my rounds..got a dog waiting for a walk tho so gotta run for now..GREAT shot of the waterfowl today Keith...love the Sprucing Goose!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Bob. Yea, it's always good to experiment.

    Kathrin, thank you. Glad you enjoyed them :)

    Thanks JoLynne. The sun did help with the water spray. :)

    Trevor, I sometimes resemble a mule with the stuff hanging off me when I go out. Need the hands free in case I slip lol

    Thank you Bob. :)

    Thank you Dixxe. The geese make great subjects. Very co-operative usually.

    Grammie, much better. I seem to be sleeping through most of it lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just discovered your blog. Bookmarked you. Inspiring photos! Someday I hope to learn to take such great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snug as a duck in the grass, well he certainly looks pleased with himself. Weekend again yippeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. It makes a nice change to get a different perspective on things. I know what you mean about getting up again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rustedgranny, thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Had a quick look at your blog; amazing. I'll pop back later.

    Thanks Debbie. Hope the weekend keeps dry for you ;)

    Thanks John. :)

    ReplyDelete