Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Thursday, 2 September 2010

Some from the last few days

Had a nice morning at the local today, and then on to Woburn.

It costs money to get in there; but not if you walk through the park via the public footpath. And I could see all that I wanted to see; deer and birds. Another post though, I’m still going through the shots.

Today it is some from the past few days.
Some flyers first.





Mute Swan, Cormorant, and the usual view I get of a Heron. I did manage a sideways on shot today though.



And a dragonfly next,



A Brown Hawker. Since they rarely sit still for long, I tried getting him as he flew past.

A couple of Common Blues next,



sharing the same flower.

Couple of geese next,



Greylag, and Canada.

And the last one for now,


a little Wren.



Enjoy the rest of the week.

17 comments:

  1. How very graceful the birds look in flight. Wonderful photography . You really have a beautiful place to go and seek out natures finest. I loved the butterfly also.
    Wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the nicest I have seen for a long time, I love all these birds in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. but your photos always are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great set of flight shots Keith, especially managing to catch a dragon on the wing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love your pics they are excellent! big hugh Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lisa. Yea, I’m lucky with so many good places near to where I live.

    Thank you Bob. Glad you enjoyed them. :)

    Hilary, thank you. :)

    Thanks John. Took a lot of shots to just get a couple of the dragon lol

    Kathrin, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics as ever Keith and I see you got the "dragon in flight" picture - woo hoo :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovelly and very nice serie of images :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blues with the light shining through their wings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tricia. It was good fun trying, but very hit and miss; mostly miss lol

    Dominic, thank you for your comment.

    Thank you Wilma. I liked that one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green with envy a dragon fly in flight is something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Keith...your photos of the birds in flight are graceful and have a peaceful effect... very nice!!
    The heads of the geese are comical..mouths full and dirty faces!! ; }
    We have Labor Day weekend holiday this weekend and potential for hurricane Earl to leave some damage in it wake!!
    Good time to stay home away from the crazy rat race....!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Adrian. It took a lot of shots to get two that were acceptable lol

    Grammie, I've read about that hurricane, (no tv lol), I hope it doesn't cause too many problems for you. Enjoy your weekend if you can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every one a beauty again, Keith! The geese made me smile with their full, mucky beaks :) Loved the little Wren too.

    Sorry, Keith I had completely forgotten you don't have a tv so my allusion to a scene from 'Titanic' in an earlier comment probably made no sense to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Jan. I think geese always seem to have a startled look about them; like they've just been caught doing something they shouldn't lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see, you returned to birds, your favourites.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They certainly are Kozma :)
    Starting to see a few more each day now.

    ReplyDelete