Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Friday, 21 September 2012

Into the weekend


Still in Wales. Here's a few from the last couple of days.
Got loads to sort through still. I really should keep my finger off that button a bit.





Meadow Pipit. Lots of these around here, and always great to see them.






Goosander. A walk along the coast road from Llanfairfechan to place called Morfa Madryn. Always some great birds to be seen.



Greenshank, at the same place.






A ride along the coast to one of my favourite reserves next; RSPB Conwy. This is one of the half a dozen ponies that roam freely.





One of the friendly dragons there; a Common Darter.





Even friendlier.






This Meadow Brown just seemed to flop down with its wings spread out as though it was exhausted. First time I've seen one pose like this before.





Curlews and Black-tailed Godwits. Just a few of the many that were here.




And I'll finish with a couple of flying Curlews.






Despite the odd shower, I'm having an excellent time here in bird heaven. I hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever you're doing.



19 comments:

  1. no, no, no! keep that button-pushing finger going! these are wonderful! handsome pony! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa. I had a feeling you'd like the pony. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great set Keith. The meadow Brown has been watching Kestrels its guarding it's thistle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Keith..So glad your enjoy another visit there!!
    From your last post I loved the one of Billy Buzzard.. : }!!
    Wonderful shots of the wildlife there...great one of the Pony and the butterfly is lovely!!
    Enjoy!!
    Hugs
    Grace
    PS thanks for the offer you hairy bugger ; }..I got those workers straightened out this time, butI'll keep that in mind! I still have dealings with others on the go!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is the first picture. Really great stand out colours with the muted background. Are you permanently retired now Keith? Better having less material crap and living a better quality of life. Sounds like a plan;-). Keep enjoying the Welsh birds, really no pun intended

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian, it certainly looks like it.
    Never seen one do that before.

    Thanks Grace. I love it here :-)

    Thanks Debs. Yea, a man of leisure now; or at least till the money runs out, then I don't know. But it's good for now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Curlews, Black-tailed Godwits and all of them, you really love Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all that beautiful wildlife around you Keith you can't let up on that trigger finger, just make sure the camera doesn't go into meltdown...lol.

    I think that Meadow Brown is just making the most of the sunshine...while it can!!

    Stunning set of images...keep 'em coming...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos my friend. You look like your having a great time. Keep taking as many photos as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff, 100% agree with what you say about Wales, something for all seasons and great scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keith, wonderful series of shots! So glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep shooting Keith.{:))
    The poor old Meadow Brown is in its last days I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice selection there Keith! Nice to see some Curlews, lovely birds and I like the flight shot in particular!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photographs, fantastic views. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Bob. Yea, it's a great place.

    Cheers Trevor. I'm taking far too many pictures lol

    Thanks Horst. Such a great place it's hard not to take pictures.

    Thanks Douglas. I've found some great spots for regular visits since I've been coming here.

    Thanks Robin. Yea, I'll be sad to leave.

    Roy, he did seem rather exhausted. He was in good nick though.

    Thanks John. There were so many Curlews it was hard not to get a half decent shot. lol

    Zielona thank you. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos Keith, what a bird fest you are having! It does look a glorious place.

    The Meadow Brown looked like it was trying to absorb as much of the sun's warmth as possible to me. The same with the darter warming up on your finger...a lovely moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some beauties here, Keith. Gotta love that pony face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Jan. Yea, it's always good here :-)

    Thanks Pete. :-)

    Thank you Hilary. Those ponies are beauties.

    ReplyDelete