Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Monday, 4 November 2013

Farrago



Apart from reading dictionaries, I haven't taken many pictures I'm that pleased with.




Here's a few that just escaped the bin.



 Reed Warbler from a visit to Burton Mere back in September.









The funky chicken that captivated myself and Adrian, when I met up with him in north Wales; also back in September.








A rising sun over Frampton Marsh last month. Hoping to be across the river soon, at Freiston Shore, with young Trevor and meet up with Adrian again.










A morning looking for rutting deer last month drew a blank. It rained constantly, and the deer seemed as fed up with it as I was. I did find some yellow Holly though, so not a complete disaster.










The end of October found myself and the boy Trevor wandering a local nature reserve, and being treated to a dogfight between a Kestrel and a Rook. Amazing to watch.
Neither bird was harmed during the picture taking.





And so to this month.





Incoming Black-headed Gull. I'd just tossed my apple core onto the grass, and he was busily circling around, waiting to snatch it. Too busy dithering, and in the end ........





........ nicked by a Crow. 

Proves the proverb, 'he who hesitates, don't get the apple core.'





Looking back through these I've noticed it isn't that farraginous after all. Probably the writing is more confused than the assembled pictures. Or maybe I should have dropped an r and a and watched the film instead.




Anyway, I'll finish with one of my friends from the local lake.










Enjoy your week; I'm off out in a minute to try and take some pictures.



22 comments:

  1. It might be a confused mixture, a hotchpotch or a conglomeration of a post Keith but it makes me feel younger every time I read it!

    And that funky chicken is priceless.

    Your film selection can only be described as heterogeneous!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fringe curtain the warbler is hiding behind. the chicken is too cute! sweet crow shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the funky chicken, and those action shots are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done the hard to do justice. The Black Headed gull isn't perfect but it is a great image. The chicken you got bang on. What a lovely bird, I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great looking chicken , well worth a photo and a lovely sunset too.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. The funky chicken is my favourite, verry interesting.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great set of images Keith, the Frampton Marsh sunrise is spectacular.
    Make sure that boy doesn't get into any mischief.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Trevor. The chicken was amazing; and the film is a classic. Up there with the best in my opinion.

    Thanks Theresa. Took a while to get the warbler; he wouldn't keep still. :-)

    Thank you JoLynne. The chicken was a real star.

    Adrian, that chicken was the best one in the field by far.
    The gull isn't too sharp, and blown, but I was pleased with the head on. More practice I think.

    Thanks Peter. Looks like the chicken is a hit. :-)

    Thank you Elizabeth. It's one of my favourites too.

    Cheers Roy. Yea, me and Adrian will keep him on a tight lead; probably alongside Adrians two dogs lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Keith What on earth are you reading dictonaries for??? Get you head out of the books and go shoting. Well I think that funky chicken is priceless and hilarious. The sunset is stunning and I love the 2 flight shots. Head on looks good to me. You and the boy should come over to bird sometime to do some birding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Took me a while to get the farago film hint at the end :o) Really laughed at the funky chicken and enjoyed the action of kestrel v rook. Also loved the crows craftiness and the sunrise at Frampton would be one I'd have as a screen saver.

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing chicken!!! love the dog fight shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Keith... Young-Boy Trevor "Huh" hmmm very interesting!!
    A eclectic group of photo's an as usual they are all great !!
    My favorites are the Holly , sunset, and the first shot!!

    Hugs my friend
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comment Margaret, very kind of you. Been a long time since I've been over the water; I was 14.
    You never know, I might just make it again.

    Cheers Doug. lol, yea, it's a great film. Thanks for your comment.

    Thank you Sondra. The chicken was a real star.

    Thank you Grace. Yea, young Trevor isn't as old as he looks, or pretends he is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Keith....... love the age old proverb...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheers Dave. Yea, a little known proverb that one. :-)

    Thanks Findlay. A great looking chicken. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the funky chicken and the in flight shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks John. The chicken was a real treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is the best of scenery I've seen, number 3, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bird shots! Love the funky chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Linda. Yea, that chicken was special. :-)

    ReplyDelete