Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Bye 2013


The last day of the year rolls in, and it's been a pretty good one. Seen some great birds through the year, met some great people; and I've had some contact with a few tossers too.


I'm looking forward to the New Year, and hopefully be able to visit a few new places, see a few new birds, and meet up with some old friends too.


I like to keep a list of the various birds I see when I'm out and about; (12 more this year, than last), certainly nothing like the 'twitchers' of the world, that scrabble about all over the country to a see a certain bird to tick off a list, and then rush off across the country to see the latest unfortunate bird blown off course, and doomed to a certain death later.
Nah, my list is of what I see from where I was going anyway. The only twitching I do is a painful one I get in my neck sometimes; and not always brought on by the tossers of the world.


I take a few snaps now and then, and I like to take a bit of video too with my little Sony Handycam.


On my other blog, of my local lake, I take a lot of video as I walk round, and mumble about what I'm seeing, or the odd thought that pushes its way through my mouth. A lot of it gets consigned to the bin.
Some of it I do keep. The moments of sheer madness, stupidity, complete cock-ups, et al.
And of course the swearing that accompanies the sheer frustration when things don't quite go according to plan.



This is a short collection of such clips. All but one, are taken from visits to my local lake, and all but one feature my verbal responses to a situation that was in front of the lens.



If a little bit of bad language offends, then stop here.


If not, click play, and hopefully enjoy.









Have a great New Year




34 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, it's always amusing to see and hear what happens when the line of communication between eye, hand and brain breaks down, and you've picked out some good examples here.
    One thing surprised me though and that was how mild the language on the video is, am I right in guessing that hidden away somewhere there might be a much longer xxxx rated vision?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hilary, and all the best to you and Frank for 2014

    Trevor, a lot of clips do have some choice mutterings, but sadly gone forever.
    Maybe 2014 will see a revival of some good old Anglo Saxon words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2014 should be your big out take year!!! enjoyed blogging with you over the last few years, look forward to another year in 2014...... steer clear of Tossers Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my best wishes for this New Year Keith !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was just wonderful. Are you expecting beatification? That was very restrained. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Dave. I'm looking forward to 2014. All the best to you, and I hope you have a good one.

    Elizabeth, thank you. I hope 2014 is a great year for you too.

    Pescalune, thank you; and thanks for sharing the beautiful birds around where you live. Have a wonderful 2014. :-)

    Thanks Adrian. Yea, a bit restrained. I predict 2014 could be the year I let rip though.
    Have a good 2014, and keep safe. Give the dogs a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to avoid the dogs they are wringing wet as is the towel and I.

      Delete
  8. Very restrained Outtakes Keith.
    Wish you had got the clip of Trevor running to fetch his forgotten bag of expensive lens though.
    All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you ask Trevor nicely Roy, he might post some of the pictures I took of him while I looked after his camera, as he dashed back for his bag. lol
    Have a great 2014

    ReplyDelete
  10. i didn't hear any bad words, either. i think it is because i find your accent so charming. :)

    happy new year, keith!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope 2014 is as good as this year for you Keith... have a good un.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theresa, thank you. :-)
    All the best for 2014

    Thanks Andrew. Looking forward to my first outing tomorrow.
    Have a good 2014

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a wonderful 2014, Keith! I am looking forward to your future blogs and video.
    Cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a wonderful 2014, Keith! I am looking forward to your future blogs and video.
    Cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Very happy new year to you Keith.. loved the video :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Wilma. All the best to you for 2014.

    Thank you Tricia. Yea, seems I was good on this video. Must have cut out more than I thought. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keith, all the best of the New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Robin, and to you too.

    Thank you John. Hope your year is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Keith... I didn't realize how much I missed that voice you old bugger you ; )
    It is 11:58 here right now, and you have already begun your new year, let's hope it is going to be a great one my friend!!
    Oh I have just begun my new year too!!

    Happy New year

    Hugs
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Grace. Let's hope it is even better than last year.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice video! Most of the shots look like most of my still images - a place where a bird once was!

    Cheers and have a good New Year - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice video, have a tremendous new year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Stewart. Enjoy 2014

    Thank you Bob. Hope your year is a happy one.

    Choy Wai, thank you. Have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year and many more posts to come I hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. sweffling, thank you. Let's hope the weather improves soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Yr Keith, enjoyed that video! Hope you see lots of great birds in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Sondra. Hope your year is a good one too; with no more breakages. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy new year Keith.. Full of good pictures and a good health too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Chris.
    All the best to you and your family too. :-)

    ReplyDelete