Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius
Sometimes the picture doesn't have to be perfect; it's the captured moment that counts. - me
No Google Adds here.

Monday, 19 January 2015

Anniversary (s)



Today, 6 years of this blog, and if I make it over the next three days, 5 years since my heart attack.



Here's a few old ones from the archives to celebrate.



First is a sunrise from my favourite place




Gwynedd




The rest is a small selection of birds.






Great Reed Warbler

A bit special this one. I don't do twitching, but this was quite a rarity that I found myself, at a local lake, back in 2008. Only the second record for Bucks since 1946.







Black Swan and Mute Swan

A bit unusual, in that the Black Swan appeared to be a surrogate parent. Even more unusual was the male Mute Swan didn't seem to mind. A menage-et-trois of the avian world.







Tufted Duck







Cormorant







Sabine's Gull







Egyptian Goose








Bearded Tit







Snow Bunting







Great Crested Grebes







Spotted Sandpiper

Another rarity I found myself, at my local lake, Caldecotte. The place was buzzing with twitchers for a few days after. The bird only stayed one day.







Kestrel







Sanderling







Blue Tit

(I think Adrian might remember this moment)   








Brambling







Goosander







Waxwing







Grey Heron



Hope you enjoyed them



Enjoy your week.



20 comments:

  1. It doesn't seem that long ago.

    I love the high key Tufted Duck and the Bluetits were amazing. A miracle Molly didn't get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Adrian. Time seems to flash by these days.
    Good old Molly; did just as she was told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we have shared some good times and bad times during those years. I really don't like the relentless fast pace of things at the moment, more work and crap, gotta enjoy the fleeting moments when you can

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debs. I think my enforced early retirement from the rat race of work, was the best thing that happened to me in a way. Loving (almost) every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Anniversary party, with all these perfect photos of some of the great things you shared with us..I can't believe its been 5 yrs since the heart attack? WOW but time is going by way too fast. "raising a Glass" here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Keith Congratulation on your 6th year blogging however more importantly, 5 good years since your heart attack. This is a wonderful to celebrate both and the selection you have given us today are fabulous. I have never seen a Spotted Sandpiper so that was lovely to see. I hope you have many ore years in blogland. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very happy 6th and 5th anniversaries! yay! love all your bird shots. the bearded tit is really cool! lots of great shots! may you have many more years of them to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the anniversaries - and surviving them! Great photos in your recap. I always enjoy reading your blogs and look forward to all the future posts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on six years of blogging, for beautiful photography but especially for staying healthy.

    Wishing you many, many more years of all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every one is a gem, cant single one out as top photo, stay healthy Keith and keep showing us great pics like these.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Brambling is a cracking shot Keith. The Spotted Sandpiper is a true delight as is the Great Reed Warbler two birds I wish to see, wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. How time flies when you're having fun (most of the time). Stay well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sondra. I had plenty of pictures to choose from. Too many lol

    Thank you Margaret. I think I need to get motivated a bit more. I think my blogging has slipped a bit the last few months.

    Thank you Theresa. As long as I keep waking up in the mornings, I'll carry on. :-)

    Thanks Wilma, glad you enjoyed them.

    Hilary, thank you. I'm probably a bit healthier than I was a few years ago. :-)

    Thanks Peter. I think it's the trips to Wales that keep me healthy. :-)

    Cheers Doug. All the best to you too, and hope the recovery is speedy.

    Thank you Frank. Lakenheath must be beckoning in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many happy returns on reaching six. I am sure you will be around in three days time - only the good die young ;)
    Great selection. I always like the flight shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Keith. Another great set of images to marked your blog's anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers John. Yea, made it so far today. :-)

    Thank you Choy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy anniversaries Keith and what a way to celebrate. Your work is putting the rest of us to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Adam, very kind of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant settings on each one Keith. Great oldies too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Bob. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete